Since not all BDSM organizations cover the same regions, NEDS has joined with other groups across the country to put in place reciprocal and affiliate agreements to benefit our membership. These agreements generally allow a NEDS member to attend events and classes at our partner groups without any special procedures and at the reciprocal organization’s member pricing. NEDS members agree to abide by the reciprocal group’s rules and admission policies to events.
To be a reciprocal group, the following guidelines are generally in place:
- Are like minded in their support of alternative lifestyles, including but not limited to BDSM, LGBT, polyamory, and swinging.
- Hold events that further education and socialization related to the lifestyle.
- Must have an established and paid membership.
- Shall limit their membership to people 18 years or older.
- Accepts any member that is in good standing and wishes to attend an event that is open to the general membership of the reciprocal organization.
We are pleased to announce that the following are now reciprocal groups with NEDS:
- PLA (Portland)
- CSPC (Seattle)
- Society of Janus (SanFrancisco)
- Black Rose (Washington, DC)
- TES (New York)
We continue to work to put other reciprocal agreements in place for the benefit of everyone. More are in the works!
Check back often for updates!
NEDS recognizes that groups without paid memberships, without membership elected board of directors, or those who limit attendance because of gender, orientation, or age (SIG’s or special presentations of reciprocal groups, excluded) may have a similar mission as NEDS, they do not qualify as a reciprocal group for NEDS. However, they may qualify as an affiliated group of NEDS. Affiliated groups have special pricing for NEDS classes and events, but do not confer any membership benefits such as early sign up for member events, admission to free events without charge, or admission to members only events.
If you’re interested in becoming either a reciprocal or an affiliated group of NEDS, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
At its discretion, the Service Board may grant reciprocity to clubs or organizations that meet the following criteria:
- Have officers or boards that are elected by the membership
- Have at least one regularly scheduled meeting per month
- Collect dues in some form
- Issue affiliation cards
- Extend reciprocity to NEDS (see above)
- Have met guidelines 1 through 4 for at least 6 months.
- Reciprocity continues in perpetuity as long as the above criteria are met.
Education and support groups interested in reciprocity with NEDS should email the following information:
- Primary Group Contact and Contact Information
- Web Site Address
- Snail Mail Address
- Mission Statement
- Group Inception Date
- Geographic Area Served (if appropriate)
- Statements explaining how your group meets the guidelines, (e.g. Elected board of 9, Educational Lectures on the 1st Monday of the month, $50/yr per person, Membership Card, etc)